|Stay Connected||Quick Links|
NEW MM33 UV Conservation Varnish (turps-based)
Added October 2011
Final Gloss Varnish with UV inhibitors.
Matisse MM33 UV* Conservation Varnish produces a hard, non-yellowing, UV protected coating similar in appearance to Damar varnish. it is a final clear gloss varnish (similar to Matisse MM14 Gloss Varnish), quick drying...
Visit our MM33 UV Conservation Varnish page to find out more details...
Added August 2011
Environmentally Friendly. Recyclable. Easier To Pour.
Derivan is introducing a new standard of packaging for our most popular childrens and students range of products after sponsoring research into the recycling habits of major consumer groups.
Visit our Eco-Pak page to find out more details...
We Have Moved
After 20 years in Mortlake we are moving, as we had outgrown our current warehouse, and were bursting at the seams. We are now settled in to our new premises at Rhodes, having completed the mammoth task of moving 20 years' worth of equipment with only 6 days of downtime. Everything is up and running once again, and we thank you for your patience as we completed this important step in Derivan's evolution.
Our new address is...
Units 3 and 4, 23 Leeds Street,
Rhodes NSW 2142
Phone: 02 9736 2022 (No Change)
Fax: 02 9736 3637 (No Change)
Postal Address: P.O. Box 335 Concord NSW 2137 (No Change)
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com (No Change)
Some Points of Interest: Being Green
After literally hundreds of visits to potential factories we have found this brilliant new home in Rhodes, at approx twice the size of our existing factory – now we have some more much needed room. Aside from space there are many other benefits in our move, firstly there is the opportunity to be a little greener in the way we do things- some of the new things we will be doing are:
- The building was selected as it is sited well to make use of the natural movement of the sun for both optimal light and climate control
- It is anticipated we will be using half the energy in lighting the new building,
- climate control – due to the way the building is situated and the fact the entire building is fully insulated -it is anticipated that by mechanical means the office will need little or no air conditioning and the factory will make use of cross ventilation vents (to be installed).
- We will be moving to a “closed water” system – which in theory means we will be recycling all our water and will cut our water usage in half (which is down substantially from 10 years ago due to systems already implemented)
- This site was also selected as it is close to public transport being located 600m from Meadowbank wharf, 750m from Rhodes train station and 200m from the bus. In keeping with our sustainability program we will have push bike parking and amenities to encourage staff and visitors to ride to the new factory.
- Further advantages will be greater efficiencies in production through better placement of equipment (plus some new equipment)
We welcome all customers to come and view our new premises, and remember each year in October we have our OPEN DAY: