How To Care for your Watercolour Brushes ?
- Mix a small amount of soap and water into a lather and massage into the bristles. Rinse with water. Reform the tip with your fingers and dry flat to prevent excess moisture from gathering at the base of the bristles.
- Dry brushes can be stored either upright or flat in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Do not leave brushes standing tip down in a water container for extended periods. The bristles may become permanently distorted and loose.
- Place brushes in a brush holder while you are working or lay them down flat to avoid undue pressure on the bristles.
- Some staining of the bristles of synthetic brushes is likely to occur and will not impact the future use of the brush, assuming it has been thoroughly cleaned.