|Stay Connected||Quick Links|
Established in 1964, Derivan is an Australian company and maker of the finest quality artist materials, including the famous Matisse range of professional artist acrylic paints and paint products.
See you on our next Open Day in October 20th, 2018!
Derivan's Sustainability Mission Statement is an on-going responsability.
Welcome to our site, where you can find information on our products, tips on techniques, projects to do, and so much more.
Stay up-to-date with newly uploaded videos to DerivanMatisse uTube Channel, including product demonstrations, techniques and projects.
CLICK ON BANNER FOR MORE DETAILS
Free how-to videos ::
- Derivan is developing a newly discovered pigment into a new blue hue of artist acrylic.
- Derivan, Winner of the 2016 Sustainability Award given by the City of Canada Bay Council.
- Matisse Fluid range available now. New product, new ways to create.
- Zombie Face Paint Set extends the range of themed sets.
- Derivan has just released a new artist medium that creates smooth and glossy finishes, MM37 Self Leveling Medium.
- Derivan Oil Based Patina has now been discontinued and no longer in production.
- Derivan CanvasJack, a unique artist quality range of stretched canvases and tensioning system.
- Our Face & Body range has just being expanded with new Face Paint Markers and Wipes.
- MM36 High Tooth Gesso (Encaustic). Formulated for encaustic techniques or as a primer for soft pastels with more "bite"
- Derivan Fake Blood. Add even more fun to your face painting.
- Derivan continues to expand its range of artists materials with the new, professional artist grade, Derivan Watercolours range.
- Three new colours extends Derivan Block Ink range.
- Just released, MM32 Light Modelling Paste a NEW modelling compound added to Matisse Mediums range.
- Matisse MM10 Artist Gesso & Derivan Gesso now released in 250ml jars.
- Matisse Structure Formula range available in 150ml metal tube.
- Contemporary, practical and durable. The NEW Derivan Artists Sketchbooks available now.
- Download the newly available Matisse iPhone App.
- Signature Collection Series Sets joins the Matisse Structure sets range. With brilliant hand selected colours, these sets are an inspiration.
- MM34 Brush & Hand Cleaner and MM35 Brush Restorer joins the MM family of Matisse Mediums
- Derivan has expanded its range of protecting varnishing products by developing MM33 UV Conservation Varnish.
Latest Website Updates ::
- New easy to follow art projects to get you started with watercolours.
- Teacher's Development Workshops Program for 2016 page updated
- New article, understanding Warm and Cool colours, within Block Ink new colour additions.
- Updated Matisse Flow & Structure Formula paints pigment information page.
- Added Derivan Sketchbooks Info page.
- New info web page on Tone, Value, Hue, Shade in colour mixing.
- Comprehensive information on Fluorescent Products including where to find them in Derivan paint ranges.
Did You Know?
Derivan is currently developing this pigment into a new hue of blue artist acrylic, which will become part of and complement the current range of Matisse Artists Acrylics It will sit along side other synthetic inorganic pigments like Ultramarine Blue, Prussian Blue and Phthalo Blue...
NEW Fluro Party Set
Do you have a very "bright idea" to transform yourself with face/body paint?..., your brightest option is the New Face & Body Paint Fluro Set. Designed to glow under UV light, this set will certainly help you to illuminate your creation in the most effective way.
In response to customer demand, we have opened up the colour range with three new additions; Turquoise, Crimson and Burnt Sienna. Many inks lack vibrancy due to poor pigmentation, but Derivan Inks are highly pigmented and extremely versitile. All Derivan Inks are...
Matisse Fluid is our most liquid-like paint, yet despite its texture, it is highly pigmented. Matisse Fluid Acrylics, have a very smooth, runny but slightly dense viscosity. Being highly pigmented, the colours will....
Discover your outer zombie with the NEW Derivan Zombie Face & Body Paint Set. Have fun creating pale flesh, sunken eyes, realistic bruises and cuts on your face and body....
The New Derivan Concertina Style Sketchbook is a unique version of the traditional Illustrated Japanese Scroll used in the 16th century, this concertina style sketchbook is finished with heavy black...
New Matisse Self Leveling Medium is a clear product that when applied to a surface or as a paint additive will automatically spread and create a smooth, glossy finish with minimal surface texture. It is ideal for...
Tension for a canvas stretcher is crucial to its future life. The Canvas Jack System included in these artist quality pre-stretched canvases is designed to easily, quickly and evenly adjust and control...
IHave you ever wondered what you would look like with a set of cats’ whiskers? Or what about a butterfly on your cheek or a superhero spider web all over your face? With the new Derivan Face and Body Markers you can make...
NEW released product to cater for the traditional technique of Encaustic Painting. MM36 High Tooth Gesso (Encaustic) is a permanent, flexible water-based ground, with a high tooth finish, for canvas, board, wood panels or paper. It dries to ...
Derivan Refillables are the ideal and practical solution for the artist or craft person who would like to organise, transport and store their unique colours to saved for...
Get all "wound" up with our new addition to Derivan Face & Body Paint products. Derivan Fake Blood is a realistic imitation blood product suitable for theatrical professional applications and home use. It has the same ...
Derivan Acrylic is a professional range of acrylic colours designed to be water-resistant and lightfast. Derivan Acrylic range is equivalent in colour strength and permanency to most professional grades of paint but is much more affordable..
Available now at your local stockist. Manufactured using traditional methods and raw materials and carefully stone milled to enhance and retain the luminous nature of each pigment selected, Derivan Watercolours are now available in 24...
While the Derivan Block Ink range is already available in 10 brilliant colours, we’ve added three new hues including the addition of a cool red -Crimson- and a cool yellow -Lemon Yellow. In the process we fine-tuned another colour in the range by...
Derivan AntiCrib anti-cribbing paint is horse, human and environmentally friendly! A premium solution that protects horse enclosures by discouraging the development of crib chewing behaviour in your horses...
If you are looking to add a new dimension to your fabric art, then Derivan Fabric Art Dimensional is the product for you. While many fabric paints are designed to form an even film on...
Just released, our NEW Matisse MM32 Light Modelling Paste is a modelling compound that has the same qualities as our regular MM2 Impasto Medium, but with a lighter body and finish. Like traditional impasto...
Derivan Fabric Art is the newest way to make your mark. These three products have been designed for you to customise and create unique designs on any natural fabric. Available in 13 colours, this non-toxic water based...
Derivan and Matisse Gesso have always been one of our most popular products, and now we’re proud to announce that our gesso in both our students and professional ranges are now available in 250ml screw cap...
The new Derivan FabricArt range of twin tipped fabric markers are an easy and safe way to decorate fabric. With a range of standard and fluorescent colours that will enhance any creative project.
These versatile twin tipped markers...
The complete range of Matisse Structure Formula artists colours is now available in 150ml metal tubes, fitted with the Matisse flip-top cap and individually packed in cardboard boxes. The intense and vibrant 95 colours covers the full colour spectrum including several unique Australian colours.
Now available for download, the Matisse product matching app allows you to use either an image, or the iPhone camera, to select an area of colour and find the closest matching acrylic paint from the Matisse Artist Acrylic paint range. It is designed...
When it comes to colour theory and mixing, it is always helpful to have support you can refer to quickly and clearly. Our new information web page was constructed with just that in mind. Although colour is the basic component of art, it is a more complex...
Derivan Blackboard paint has transformed with updated name and more colours. Added to the original Derivan Blackboard Black and Green range, we have now six brilliant colour options to add a fun finish to the traditional and... [more...]
Colours hand selected by two outstanding australian visual artists, these two new Signature sets expand and join the many creative possibilities offered by the Matisse Structure sets range. Beautifully presented with a glimpse of some of their accomplished pieces of art work on the cover...
Updated, revised and more useful than ever.
The Matisse Technical Guide and Visual Diary has been revised, updated and extended with more detailed information on the whole range of Matisse products with more detailed,,,
Environmentaly and people firendly. Two more additions join our MM family of Artist Mediums range. You can now safely and effectively clean brushes and hands without harmful chemicals. Restore and deep clean brushes by removing dried up acrylic or oil paint.
As part of Derivan on-going consumer research and product development, of which our packaging plays an increasingimportant factor, the new flip- top cap is...
Derivan has just extended their varnish range by developing its just released UV Conservation Varnish, a non-yellowing acrylic resin varnish containing UV inhibitors. Matisse UV Varnish goes further as it is able to protect against fading works from UV light...